1) Snowball game - use a styrofoam ball, roll or toss and the children say a winter word. The teacher writes responses on a paper snowflake or snowman.
2) Story(Snowballs) - send home three paper plates stapled and ask them to make a snowman as creatively as they can.
3) A Snowy Day Picture - Paint over picture using 1 cup salt, 1/2 cup flour, and 3/4 cup water.
4) The children use shaving cream as snow. Spread on tables for writing practice.
5) Make green pepper prints for snowflakes using white paint on blue paper.
6) Read "The Mitten"/"The Hat" - compare and contrast and make puppets to act out the story.