1) Read the "Little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything". I have a pocket chart scarecrow that is built during the story.
- Have the children make a class book. "The Little Old Lady wasn't afraid of anything but I am afraid of..."
- Make a life size scarecrow for the classroom. Label the parts of scarecrow with word cards.
- The children cut and assemble scarecrow
2) Draw a tree trunk and have the children glue tissue paper leaves on top in fall colors. - Add "Fall leaves me smiling".
3) Take a fall walk. Write a story on chart paper about what they saw.
4) Leaf mobiles - Cut a green spiral and glue or staple leaves onto the spiral.
Books: *Pumpkin, Pumpkin *Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf *Apple Picking Time *Nuts *Seed Song *Little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything *The Itsy Bitsy Spider *Miss Spider's Tea Party